Area Sales Manager
£35000 - £50000
Our client is a leading corrugated packaging solutions group with a comprehensive product portfolio. They are now looking to appoint a new Area Sales Manager to join their successful sales team to cover the North East- East Midlands region.
Responsible for managing a portfolio of Key Accounts plus identifying and securing new business opportunities in the region as outlined above, this is a 60-40 split role on account management and business development. Selling to a wide but targeted range of industries and developing relationships with people at all levels, your focus will be selling conventional and corrugated packaging.
- Managing and further developing existing accounts.
- Fulfilling a sales strategy to ensure sales targets and objectives are met with both existing and new accounts.
- Target and win profitable new business.
- Submit sales reporting.
- Adhere to all company procedures in respect of customer contracts and agreements pertaining to stock, price, origination and any other identified commercial aspects.
- Provide market analysis including competitor activity and market trends as required to support strategic business development.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Region, its key users, and their relevant market sectors to identify and exploit profitable new business opportunities.
- Provide accurate short, medium and long term forecasts as necessary to support business planning activities.
- Field sales experience of selling corrugated packaging solutions for either a sheet plant, integrated or packaging distribution business is essential with a solid track record in maintaining, securing and adding value to existing business. Also require some one with particular success at new business development in this sector.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Negotiation skills.
- Product knowledge.
- Commercial awareness.
- Tenacious, confident, enthusiastic, self-motivated, ambitious, positive attitude, team player and be able to work well autonomously, organised and be able to manage your time effectively.
Attractive basic salary circa £35k-£50k dependent on experience, along with a company car, laptop, bonus.
Please do apply with an up to date CV.