Business Development Executive (Internal Sales)
£20000 - £25000
Our client is a leading supplier of Packaging Consumable Solutions. Due to growth they are looking to add to their team by the appoint of a Business Development Executive, this is an internal Sales position covering organic growth, Key Accounts growth and prospects within the UK & Ireland.
Manage and control the development and operation of assigned industries to achieve agreed objectives for sales margin, sales volume and product mix of end of line Packaging consumables to grow our clients UK presence.
- Identify new sales development opportunities and prepare strategies and plans to deliver new sales growth.
- To manage your assigned accounts to ensure Regional Sales and Profit Targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Prepare and submit sales plans based across our markets to develop and maximise sales within the UK & Ireland.
- Plan, manage and control sales development and activity levels to achieve agreed sales margin, sales volume and product mix objectives.
- Manage customers by minimising external input through optimising internal sales resources through understanding and identifying customer needs.
- Effectively support the customer base, establishing favourable relationships with prime decision makers, as required.
- Support new business leads generated through the external team to assess potential and to optimise the opportunity.
- Identify opportunities to optimise packaging and save cost for the customer, present in a compelling way.
- Identify large multi-site users of consumables understanding the annual tender process plan for success for these contracts.
- Be responsible for pricing policy and profitability for these accounts and to monitor and report on account development.
- Keep all interested parties informed on the technical and commercial aspects pertaining to major accounts.
- Collate data on market conditions, competitive activities, strategies, prices and any technical advances made, ensuring that all relevant persons are informed.
- Develop and maintain customer profiles, ensuring that the data is current, accurate and easily retrievable.
- Liaise closely with both internal & external sales colleagues within both the UK & Ireland as well as other sales divisions.
The areas to be covered will include the following:
- Weekly/monthly planning of calls and follow ups
- Projections – 3 months ahead and year end by industry
- Sales - consumable sales, type and value
- New business achievements by consumable product
- Pipeline -status of top twenty live/new business prospects
- Business losses, negotiations, major attainable prospects
- Supply/service problems
- Competitor activity
Skills & Experience
- A proven track record in internal new business development and account management with prospective customer opportunities.
- Previous experience working with Distributors or packaging business
- Experience of serving customers in a diverse range of market sectors.
- The ability to discover and advise/discuss potential solutions to technical problems facing the customer both with the customer and internally.
- Maintaining excellent customer service, forecasting and planning.
- Proven new business winner, innovative and resourceful.
- Commercial awareness and strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Flexible, a proven winner and a strong team player.
You will receive a basic salary circa £20k-£25k+ depending on experience, 26 days annual holiday plus bank holidays. Death in service insurance of 4 x salary, BUPA medical insurance and a long-term sick pay scheme.
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency