Business Development Manager
£40000 - £50000
VAC10457 – Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading provider of Corrugated Packaging solutions, due to expansion plans they are now looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to cover the North/South East region.
Responsibility for developing new business with a focus on all business streams. Responsibility for maintaining / improving relationships with new clients.
You must clearly demonstrate the ability to identify target prospects, open opportunities, and provide a platform for sales growth. The position will include some account management with a greater emphasis on business development responsibilities.
The role is to identify suitable opportunities for a range of corrugated based packaging solutions within the UK market with exceptional knowledge on all streams of products, with various sectors, including but not limited to household products, DIY, Automotive, Engineering, Furniture, online retail, to name a few.
- New business development, targeting new companies and building strong relationships, with a strong emphasis initially on conventional products.
- Presenting company strengths and benefits in a structured sales pitch.
- Representing the company in a professional manner at all times both with existing and potential customers.
- Responsibility for key accounts and development of the sales with those customers.
- Arranging new business appointments in a systematic basis to discuss niche market products and to discuss ongoing requirements and ensure excellent customer service is provided.
- Building solid business relationships with customer’s key personnel and promoting partnership ethos.
- Producing and presenting sales figures, forecasts, targets on personal and market activity.
- Generate ideas to agree target companies to approach / sectors for business development using thorough understanding of the requirements and capabilities of the company, within agreed criteria, to be agreed with your line manager prior to approaching.
- Obtaining credit check prior to approaching prospective customers.
- Generating enquiries and providing detailed information along with samples.
- Outlining terms and conditions of supply in line with company policy / standards or obtaining approval to deviate.
- Liaise effectively with internal personnel in all aspects of account management.
- Assisting in the formation of a sales budget.
- Managing, investigating and providing customer feedback on customer complaints.
- Responsible for analysing and investigating price, demand and competition in conjunction with the sales team.
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
To undertake other roles and tasks as requested that are commensurate with the level and function of this post.
- Existing business development management role selling to senior level management.
- Proven new business record of sales is essential.
- An advantage would be sales experience outside of FMCG sector and within the industrial manufacturing market and on-line retail sales sector.
- Will be self-managing and able to identify prospects and generate leads through to initial meetings and proposal.
- Full training will be given (involving foreign travel) and on-site UK learning.
You will receive a high basic salary of circa £40k-£50k (DOE) company car, bonus, attractive contributory pension scheme and other benefits expected within a role of this calibre.