Business Development Manager
£35000 - £45000
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading Packaging company who are looking to appoint a new Business Development Manager to cover the South West region.
This position will form part of the company's sales team consisting of Business Development/Account, Design and Technical.
The successful candidate will focus on existing account development and new business development activity.
You will also be responsible for create exciting new opportunities using solution/value-based selling and utilising the wide range of products that our client can offer to meet the new business requirements of the South West and integrating these into the business on a regional and site level.
The job holder has a major role within the organisation to ensure that sales budgets are met and to manage and develop the customer base of the company.
- Develop and agree with your line Manager a growth strategy focused on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Identify and win new business prospects in accordance with this strategy
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Monitor commercial performance of accounts to ensure that targets are achieved
- Establish and develop relationships with new business prospects
- Meet agreed targets for new business growth from selected customers.
- Understand the customer’s business model and processes to identify and promote new opportunities for our client to add value to the customer via their products and services
- Active involvement in marketing and promotional activities
- Provide area report to ensure that all customer and competitor activities are brought to the management’s attention.
- Work in conjunction with and provide support as required to the Sales/Business Development/Account/Technical/Design functions.
- Follow agreed company procedures
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer facing sales role within the Packaging industry.
- Experience of dealing with major blue-chip accounts/ customers
- The job holder must have good commercial and technical awareness and the ability to develop our multi layered sales offering.
- Good financial background and understanding of the key business drivers
- Good commercial acumen and awareness
- Good knowledge of customer sectors.
- Solution driven with the ability to frequently come up with new and innovative ideas
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Excellent communicator at all levels within a business.
You will receive a high basic salary of circa £40k-£45k along with a company car, bonus, and fantastic pension scheme.
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency.
Please contact Yvonne in confidence on 01282 698183 Ext200 or apply with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org