Business Development Manager
£40000 - £47000
Our client is a manufacturer of Corrugated Packaging Solutions and they are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to cover the South-East-M4 Region.
Reporting to the Sales Director this role will form part of our clients sales team consisting of Business Development/Account, Design and Technical. You will focus both on new business development activity in some of the areas outlined together with taking on responsibility for some existing accounts. Typical accounts range between £250k to £1 million+ per annum. This role will require you in conjunction with the Sales Director to create opportunities using solution/value-based selling to meet the new business requirements of the South-East Sales Strategy and integrating these into the business on a regional and site level.
- Agree sales strategy for territory with Sales Director.
- Identify and win new business prospects in accordance with this strategy.
- Establish and develop relationships with both existing clients and new business prospects.
- Meet agreed targets for new business growth from selected customers.
- Understand the customer's business model and processes to identify new opportunities to add value to the customer.
- Active involvement in marketing and promotional activities within the site.
- brought to the management's attention.
- Work in conjunction with and provide support as required to the Sales/Business. Development/Account/Technical/Design functions.
- Follow agreed company procedures.
- Proven track record selling Corrugated Packaging.
- Experience of dealing with major blue-chip accounts/ customers.
- The job holder must have good commercial and technical awareness and the ability to develop our multi layered sales offering.
- Understanding of the key business drivers.
- Sound commercial acumen and awareness.
- Good knowledge of target customer industry sectors.
- Solution sales driven with the ability to frequently come up with new and innovative ideas.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- The job involves all aspects of customer management alongside the creative skills to ensure account development and retention.
- You must be able to judge market conditions and customer requirements and be able to recommend actions and solutions to the Sales Director and the rest of the Management Team.
You will receive a basic salary up to £47kpa (Depending on experience) bonus, company car, contributory pension & 25 holidays plus stats and other benefits as expected with this calibre of role
You will be joining an innovative and progressive organisation; who take pride in successfully developing their employees to their full potential and a large focus on promoting from within.
Cloud 9 Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency