Our client is a well-established provider of a comprehensive portfolio of Packaging products and they are looking to appoint a new Business Development Manager to target new business opportunities in the Midlands.
Develop profitable sales, optimise share of customer spend. Manage the customer relationship with target customers to increase profitability and achieve targets in line with the company sales strategy.
• Establish initial contact for prospective customers and customers with low spend with The Company, build strong relationships with decision makers using the relevant approach to achieve approved supplier status.
• Interact with Sales team and develop action plans for all prospective customers within their portfolio based on customer needs, market share, profitability and potential to increase sales.
• Lead negotiations with potential customers to determine price structures, contract terms and payment conditions.
• Conduct high value-added tasks with the customer including facilitating and delivering training for their sales teams to provide wider product awareness and market knowledge to increase sales.
• Establish opportunities for customer facing time, develop sales of complete product range and apply pricing methods to increase profitability.
• Maintain and update CRM after each contact and visit to provide accurate customer and market information for all other business functions to utilise.
• Establish networks and relationships with internal departments.
• Establish strong and effective relationships with Internal Sales .
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with external businesses, including customers and suppliers.
Skills & Experience
• Sales and Customer Service principles – including negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
• Market, customers, competitors, suppliers and market trends.
• Gain an understanding of their Commercial Model and procedures
• Packaging Products and Service Range
• Self-Management principles including delivering against deadlines.
• PC literate and extensive knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project, Visio and Power Point.
Salary £Attractive Basic (negotiable in line with experience) Company Car, Commission, Pension. Please get in touch for more information.
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency
When I first started my development and training program with Psytech International to qualify as a Psychometric and Skills assessor, I have to adm... Read More +
You start a new job and within a month or so, honeymoon period over, you realise it's just not for you for whatever reason, or worse and extremely ... Read More +