£0 - £0
Cloud 9 are working on a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Packaging business as a Category Manager.
Working as a part of the Product and Purchasing Team, the Category Manager is a key role that is accountable for delivering the category sales & margin performance against budget within assigned product ranges, namely Cartons, Postal and Bespoke Packaging.
As Category Manager you will do this through product range development, identifying and delivering on improvements to bespoke service offerings, delivering improvements in product sourcing and proactively managing/building supplier relationships. You will have management responsibility for 2 direct reports.
- Accountable for delivering the revenue performance against budget for your assigned product categories, cartons, postal and bespoke packaging.
- Responsible for our client's bespoke product performance, owning the process from quotation to fulfilment, focusing on speed to quote, offering our clients’ customers the best price.
- Accountable for delivering a competitive advantage to our client by ensuring they are buying the right product from the right supplier at the right cost.
- Responsible for proactively managing supplier relationships, delivering win-win commercial benefits to our client and their suppliers and ensuring that their suppliers work in collaboration with all departments and support sales growth.
- Managing the new product roadmap within the assigned categories, identifying suitable product launches supported by the implementation of marketing and sales plans.
- Maintaining product data for your assigned categories, including but not limited to our clients’ ERP and Data publishing systems, giving the customers the information they need to make buying decisions.
- Supporting the sales teams to win customer opportunities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supporting the business by acting as the product expert for your assigned product categories in order to brief the catalogue & website product offering, including determining copy, merchandising and layout, understanding the marketplace of assigned product lines, the competitive landscape and macroeconomic trends.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in understanding B2B customer needs (ideally within the Packaging sectors) and use their drive and tenacity to improve category performance and drive sustainable growth.
- The ability to work closely with sales teams to build quotes, visit customers and demonstrate product ranges to enable our client to succeed in their sector without impacting margin control.
- A proven ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers to ensure that they achieve the best possible price and range for them to pass on to their customers.
- Excellent prioritisation skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment with a calm and flexible approach with the needs of the customer at the heart of decision making.
- This role has direct reports and therefore experience in 'people management' and driving performance would be advantageous.
You will receive a high basic salary in line with your experience. Please apply for the full remuneration package.
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency