Controls and Automation Engineer
£38000 - £40000
We are working on behalf of a global client who are looking to appoint an experienced Controls and Automation Engineer to join our Engineering Team. The role will and be involved in all aspects of Controls engineering.
Our client is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of end-of-line packaging equipment solutions and packaging automation, as well as systems integration. With seven manufacturing facilities in more than 50 countries around the world.
Their products and service network provide technology and technical support for manufacturing companies in a variety of global FMCG markets.
- Involvement in Design & Development of new Control Systems
- PLC / HMI Programming - Siemens & Rockwell
- Implementation of Control & Software Systems & Associated Equipment
- Support continued improvement and Maintain Control Systems - including PLC's & HMI's
- Upgrading of Existing Equipment & Integration with new Automation / Controls
- Robotic system layout design and creation of required robot application software
- Development of Functional, Detailed and Software Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
- Carry out site surveys on customer sites when required
- Carry out Factory Acceptance testing, Site Acceptance testing & on-site commissioning
- Support the sales teams using your technical expertise to generate new business
- Build relationships with customers to identify their needs
- Working to agreed timescales & tight deadlines
- Support the production department if required
- Support and promote good teamwork within and outside of the department, and act in line with the company’s policies and values
- 3+ years’ experience in Control Systems design / PLC’s / HMI’s.
- Education in a relevant engineering discipline to HNC / HND qualification
- Software design & PLC software experience – Rockwell / Siemens
- Ability to write programs from scratch
- Experience with Robotic systems including design and programming will be a preferred requirement
- Experience in motion control / servo control systems
- Ability to convert verbal, written, and other media-based information into project documentation
- Excellent computer skills, being proficient in Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- The ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities
- A self-starter with a ‘can do’ flexible attitude
- Ability to works as an individual or as part of a team
- A drive and determination to succeed