Conversion Shift Manager
£0 - £0
We are working exclusively with a well-established and reputable Corrugated Packaging manufacturer who are looking to appoint a Conversion Shift Manager for their site based in North East/Yorkshire region.
This is a senior post with applications invited from candidates who have experience in a similar position within the Corrugated Packaging arena.
- Ensure best practice is H&S within all decision making. All work carried out by yourself and people under your direct management to follow Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensure consistent running of our client’s plant and that the shift under your control is managed safely and production targets are achieved.
- During shifts where day management are not present; your core focus will be to maintain the performance of the Conversion Dept in all aspects of people management, safety , quality , hygiene and machine performance ; however this will extend to making certain decisions in the Corrugator, Engineering and Despatch areas as and when required.
- To provide engaging and empowering leadership among all Conversion Team members to ensure that the teams are motivated to deliver against the operational KPIs.
- Motivate and develop the skills of the Conversion team members so the competences and confidence levels of all operators is constantly improving, to meet the demands of the business.
- As part of the senior operational team you are to help drive the operational standards of the site delivering consistently high standards in productivity, quality and customer service targets
- Maintain levels of site hygiene so visual standards are consistently high. Ensure that all departments are following the BRC protocols that are critical for us in maintaining AA accreditation. Aim is to have the site in a BRC audit ready condition every day.
- Continually contribute to the overall improvement of the Health and Safety standards of the site and foster a drive to positively change the culture of persons under your control.
- Fully engage in looking for Health and Safety hazards/ SUSAs and actively coordinate the resolution of the hazards with the management team. Be involved in all accident investigations where applicable to actively help to provide robust and lasting resolutions.
- Ensure that the Conversion teams demonstrate full adherence to the quality checks and maintain a consistently high standard for our client’s customer base.
- Ensure the planned PPM schedules are fully achieved on all machines with maximum focus in reducing the downtime. Help organise the crews so we are actively aiming to reduce downtime on PPMs time, but achieve full adherence to the PPM schedule list.
- Have a good understanding of the site machinery and develop strong relationships with the Chargehands and Engineering team so that effective solutions can be implemented to improve productivity
- Manage and monitor the Time & Attendance system for the shift, ensuring that attendance data is recorded correctly
- Hold monthly quality reviews with the machine leaders of the shift. These will aim to go through the performance of the plant with key focus areas going forward being clearly communicated. Use data to track performance and fully communicate this to the team.
- Manage waste levels to minimise costs across the Conversion machines.
- Ensure all PDRs are carried out with all staff through the department at the desired frequency. Use these performance reviews to formally convey the expectations of the direct reports and also use as a guide to help them improve in areas they are lacking.
- Conduct investigations for disciplinary matters that could include a variety of reasons such as quality issues. Use the correct documentation and liaising with the appropriate departments
- Liaise with HR and manage sickness absence cases (e.g. maintain employee contact, support OH referrals and making reasonable adjustments, completing Return to Work interviews, undertaking Sickness Absence Review meetings, supporting ill-health capability processes etc.)
- Strong communication, influencing, coaching and management leadership skills.
- Shift management experience within a Corrugated Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to learn new techniques and support best practice
- Be able to lead and drive change with a “Can Do” positive attitude. Motivate and communicate the objectives of the Shift Team in line with the overall business goals
- Strong understanding of Conversion Processes and print processes.
- Results focused and driven towards consistently improving operational performance through the teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Packaging manufacturer who have a very high staff retention record and are extremely busy despite current Covid-19 challenges. You can enjoy a professional working environment within an impressive and continually invested site. If you are a mature, professional and have a strong leadership style looking to be part of a team who have a “Positive” attitude we would like to hear from you.
High basic salary plus bonus, 25 holidays pus stats, sick pay, highly contributed Pension scheme, free parking.
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency – Please apply for the full remuneration package and a copy of the Full Job Description.