£30000 - £38000
Our Client leading who is a UK leading manufacturer of bespoke corrugated packaging is looking to appoint a Design Manager to join their expanding team.
Reporting directly to the site General Manager, the Design Manager is responsible for providing leadership over the design team and for managing processes, productivity and resources effectively in order to maximise business efficiency and optimise performance within the Design department.
Specific departmental responsibilities include:
- Fielding and turning around sample requests promptly;
- Interpreting design briefs and producing innovative packaging designs in accordance with both the customers’ requirements and the Company’s capabilities;
- Producing high quality prototypes for customer approval;
- Approving first time production runs prior to manufacture;
- Producing pallet plans using Cape Pack Software;
- Ensuring production-ready files are processed in accordance with the required quality standard and procedure;
- Raising specifications on SPOCS;
- Performing board analysis;
- Calculating box compression to determine the required board grade;
- Liaising with suppliers in order to originate new stereos and cutters;
- Providing technical training for new employees.
- Leadership of the Design team, which currently consists of a Senior Designer, Designer and Sample Maker. This team may expand as the business grows.
- Managing the design requirements for the business, which will include participating in the design process to a significant extent ensuring jobs are set up the most efficient way for production conversion and commercial gain.
The comany are looking for a Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with a positive outlook and a clear focus on client service, quality and business improvement. Able to work effectively and calmly under pressure with a high level of tact and diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality. Able to manage a team. Good communication skills and able to work to deadlines. Computer literacy is important along with being Fully conversant with Kasemake or Artios. Attention to detail is key.
Basic salary is negotiable dependant on experience.