Our client is a manufacturer of Packaging solution and they are now looking to appoint a new Engineering Manager for their plant based in the South West, UK.
Reporting to the Operations Director your main purpose will be to drive forward, improve and manage all Engineering aspects of our client’s business. You will be a member of middle the management team and provide statistical, measurement and Engineering performance information as well as playing a key role in supporting and achieving the overall business objectives.
• Setting clear objectives and strategies for reportees and support them towards their individual and collective targets.
• Maintain excellent factory and inter departmental relationships and ensure that engineering targets are met, and costs controlled within budget.
• Provide an on-time service of acceptable quality standard as determined by customer and business demands.
• Ensure robust procedures are in place and adhered to.
• Enforce the company, Environmental Agency and HSE, Health and Safety, Insurers and other statutory authority Policies in the factory environment ensuring the business remains compliant with all statutory obligations under your responsibility
• Set an example to other employees in terms of high personnel practices and ethics.
• Drive the achievement of efficient performance of the engineering department
• Manage the preventative maintenance system in place and support budget adherence to provide machine reliability
• Enforce company standards and discipline
• Personally, handle complex issues raised. Advise fellow managers accordingly
• Advise Senior Management on production requirements and capital investments
• Monitor and record resource and energy consumption data and statistics
• Monitor waste stream disposal data and statistics
• Support the plan of work load and set priorities for maintenance and contract personnel
• Ensure engineering knowledge of the department is of the highest standard
• Ensure a zero tolerance to unsafe practices is enforced
• Maintain housekeeping standards of the highest level
• Ensure excellent Engineering relations and efficient supplier relationships
• Support selected suppliers to ensure best technical and quality performance
• Support customer and supplier visits when required
• Minimise Engineering waste to within the company budgeted figure
• Bring together and manage multi-functional teams to ensure role objectives are fulfilled
• Facilitate communication and share best practice with other sites and Group functions
• Contribute ideas/vision to enhance the efficiency of the business e.g. in DOM
• Ensure that daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets as above are achieved
• Record and manage departmental holiday and absence recording and planning
The successful candidate will hold a key/high profile role within the business to ensure that all business objectives are achieved, and a sustainable program is in place for the future prosperity of our clients site.
Skills & Experience
• You must have strong and confident Leaderships and Management skills
• Ideally 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing / technical Packaging environment
• Is a multifaceted leader and demonstrate a number of management styles
• Can be “tough-minded” when required and carries sufficient credibility and gravitas when dealing with business
• Demonstrates empathy and patience when appropriate
• Can manage substantial budgets within cost parameters
• Have a key understanding of manufacturing needs in relation to efficiencies, quality and budgets
• An effective and positive communicator
• Must have good analytical skills
• Must be a decision maker
• Must be an effective “self-starter”
• Must be able to understand drive towards change
The successful candidate will be expected to make important business decisions, be able to judge and balance customer expectations and make independent judgments when appropriate. It is expected that the decisions made by the candidate will have a major impact upon the strategic direction of our clients site in both the short and long-term.
You will receive a basic salary of circa £50k-£55k, bonus and a fantastic contributor pension scheme
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency
When I first started my development and training program with Psytech International to qualify as a Psychometric and Skills assessor, I have to adm... Read More +
You start a new job and within a month or so, honeymoon period over, you realise it's just not for you for whatever reason, or worse and extremely ... Read More +