£40000 - £45000
Our client is looking to recruit for a dynamic Engineering Manager to lead our maintenance team to help drive the business forward. The role will involve the leading a small team and will have a focus on preventative maintenance.
The Engineering Managers primary role is to ensure that all plant equipment and machinery is maintained and repaired on time to meet our manufacturing requirements. The role involves the upkeep of plant and equipment, in conjunction with the site’s Production and Management teams, and ensuring that cost reduction measures are in place to satisfy budgetary demands.
- To ensure the safe, effective and timely repair of machinery and equipment for which they are responsible within the framework of HSHE and employment legislation.
- To manage, motivate and develop the engineering team
- To programme and oversee preventative maintenance
- To implement and maintain a Kanban system for stores management
- To assist to deliver the plant’s annual production targets through effective leadership and allocation of resources.
- To assist to reduce waste to achieve the plant’s annual target.
- To ensure planned maintenance is carried out in line with targets
- To ensure cost effectiveness throughout the department to satisfy budgetary restraints.
- To undertake and assist in any necessary training required to achieve plant performance targets and multi-skilling requirements for total flexibility.
- To work within and assist in sustaining a positive, continuously improving customer focused culture at the site
- Undertake any reasonable request from a Manager
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within an FMCG environment and experience of working within the packaging industry would be desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and focused and have a proven track record within a leadership role.
Cloud 9 Recruitment are acting as the agency for this role,