Field Service Engineer
£0 - £0
Field Service Engineer
Our client are a well-established leading End of Line Packaging machinery business, due to ongoing growth and investment they are looking to appoint an additional field service engineer, to provide on-site servicing and repair of end-of-line machinery and to actively seek additional machinery sales through establishment of excellent customer relations at site-level. Successful candidates must be prepared to travel throughout the UK.
- PDI (e.g. CE checks), Modify (Mech. & Elec), Assemble, Fault Find, Repair, Install, Service Machinery as directed
- General Cleaning & Machine Preparation for & during Service
- Keep adequate inventory levels in service vehicle to ensure risk of re-visits is minimised due to lack of inventory
- Establish excellent customer relations at site level
- Be prepared to stay away from home, if required, in order to maximise effective use of available time
- Driving duties to & from Customer Sites
- Attend safety briefings and training courses as directed by external customers and line manager
- Inventory stock-takes
- Assist other service dept. personnel in task completion
- Delivery of machines to customer sites
Knowledge & Skills
- Qualified Electrical and / or Mechanical Engineer. Min Qualification City & Guilds or equivalent
- Active participation and experience of working in factory environment and on different customer sites, in particular
- working with end-of-line equipment an advantage
- Knowledge of PLC’s not essential but advantageous
- General H&S awareness e.g. potential hazards and safe working practices
- Forklift Operator, 1st Aid
- Driving licence essential
- Forklift truck training / licence preferred but not essential
- Recognised 1st aid qualification preferred
High Basic salary (Apply or contact Cloud 9 for further information), Overtime (Time and Half) Company van, Fuel Card, 24 Holidays plus stats.
Standard working hours are 8.30 to 5.30 but due to the nature of this position a flexible approach must be taken as driven by customers and demands of the business.
Candidates must be prepared to stay away from home roughly 1-2 nights per week depending on home location.
Cloud 9 are acting as a Recruitment Agency