Field Service Engineer - Specialised in Programming
£33000 - £35000
We are working on behalf of a global client who are looking to appoint a Field Service Engineer, specialised in Programming,
The role will be responsible for new equipment installations, rebuilding of used equipment, performing field engineering audits, and general supporting of install base machinery.
This position will be mostly working in customers' manufacturing facilities worldwide and requires extensive travel - the anticipated field time over a twelve-month period is 50%.
Our client is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of end-of-line packaging equipment solutions and packaging automation, as well as systems integration. With seven manufacturing facilities in more than 50 countries around the world.
Their products and service network provide technology and technical support for manufacturing companies in a variety of global FMCG markets.
- PLC, HMI, and servo programming
- Site start-up support of integrated packaging equipment for the consumer products industry
- Complete Input / Output checks and troubleshoot wiring.
- Provide working supervision of mechanical/electrical installations and service of the client’s products
- Provide training for customer operations and maintenance personnel, emphasizing the safe operation of our products
- Provide follow-up documentation in a timely manner to include installation and service reports, time sheets, and expense reports and other duties as assigned by the Field Service Manager
- As part of the Field Service Team you will be actively engaged in our L3 journey by seeking, encouraging and acting on continuous improvement and developmental opportunities
- City & Guilds / HND or equivalent in an electrical engineering discipline
- Alternative engineering qualification combined with extensive experience will be considered in lieu of HNC/HND
- Minimum 2 years of supporting PLC controlled automation applications in a service role
- Robotic/Automation experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to travel regularly & close to airports
- Holding a valid Passport & driving licence