Health Safety & Environment Manager
£40000 - £45000
Our client is a manufacturer of Packaging solutions. The organisation strives to be a customer orientated, market led company which satisfies the personal development of its employees.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic and success driven with strong communication skills. He /She would advise and support in setting and implementing site strategy to achieve health, safety and environmental objectives as set by the UK Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
This is a hand-on role required to monitor and review progress against objectives, KRAs and other performance indicators and meet regularly with the Operations Director to check progress and continuously develop around updates and law changes.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain full compliance with legislation and company policy and standards.
- Drive improvements through the business through effective health and safety audit programmes.
- Carry out regular monitoring audits on health, safety and environmental issues throughout the Yate site.
- Ensure best practice is implemented across the site and coordinate activities to ensure any good ideas are shared within the region.
- Carry out regular health and safety training with colleagues and contractors.
- Sourcing and instructing training providers to ensure compliance to legislation and a safe working environment.
- Advise the management team of significant issues that may affect the site, ensuring consistent legal compliance and adherence.
- Investigate lost time accidents and other serious incidents and ensure corrective actions are implemented across the site. Responsible for all accident and incident documentation.
- Provide the site with technical advice and ensure that the site management team is kept up to date with issues and developments/changes in health, safety and the environment legislation and policies that may affect site objectives, targets and actions plans.
- Coach and Mentor site health and safety representatives and fire wardens.
- Ensure that adequate communication arrangements exist between the site management team and local authorities.
- Liaising with HSE and Environment Agency acting as site contact.
- Develop Health, Safety and Environmental guidance and policies alongside HR policies.
- At least three years' experience in a health and safety role.
- Education - Graduate or relevant workplace experience
- Professional Qualification - minimum - NEBOSH General Certificate or recognised equivalent
- Knowledge of legal requirements and (ISO) norms with regard to Health & Safety and Environment
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- IT Literate - Word - Excel and PowerPoint
- Engineering and Technical background.
- Must be logical, analytical and progressive in thought process, able to problem solve
- Able to guide and lead the operations towards Best Practice philosophy