Our client is a multi-sited manufacturer of corrugated packaging solutions with a continued investment plan and an impressive customer portfolio and they are looking to recruit a new Key Account Manager to cover the South West.
Reporting to the Sales Manager…..
* To successfully manage all aspects of the business relationship within a defined existing customer base, to develop and deliver profitable sales growth.
* To proactively research, identify and target profitable new business from new customers in line with the agreed business sales strategy.
* This role is split roughly 20% Key Account Management & 80% new business development
* Implement the agreed sales strategy, by developing profitable sales within existing customers.
* Target and win profitable new business, in line with the agreed sales strategy to agreed budgetary targets.
* Support the Sales Manager / Sales Director in the generation of the sales targets and budgets.
* Submit sales reporting in the set formats, to the agreed standards and within the set time periods.
* Adhere to all company procedures in respect of customer contracts and agreements pertaining to stock, price, origination and any other identified commercial aspects.
* Provide market analysis (including competitor activity and market trends) as required to support strategic business development.
* Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of the geographic sales territory, the key corrugated users, and their relevant market sectors to identify and exploit profitable new business opportunities.
* Project manage the introduction of new customers into the business ensuring their effective handover to the internal customer service teams.
* Provide accurate short, medium and long term forecasts as necessary to support business planning activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
* Experience of a packaging manufacturing environment.
* Budget management.
* Selling skills.
* Communication/presentation skills.
* Negotiation skills.
* Product knowledge.
* Good knowledge of the business/manufacturing process.
* Commercial awareness (including estimating/pricing).
* PC skills (including: Powerpoint/Excel/Word).
* Project management.
* Numerical / Verbal reasoning skills at the required level.
* Results focused
* Interpersonal effectiveness
* Problem solving
* Conceptual thinking
You will receive an attractive basic salary circa £35k - £40k (negotiable) depending on your experience along with a 15% bonus structure, company car, pension, home office etc
Hours are to suit business and customer requirements
Please apply via email in confidence
When I first started my development and training program with Psytech International to qualify as a Psychometric and Skills assessor, I have to adm... Read More +
You start a new job and within a month or so, honeymoon period over, you realise it's just not for you for whatever reason, or worse and extremely ... Read More +