Our client is a leading manufacturer of packaging and they are looking to recruit a new Operations Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of their senior management team.
You will also be responsible for the overall safety and production performance of their site.
Responsible for the overall safety and production performance of the Midlands site. To design, develop, install and promote the highest standards of safety, staff performance, machine maintenance and housekeeping.
To lead all in achieving goals and objectives, ensure all customer requirements are met including (but not exclusively) on time in full (OTIF), quality and presentation. Control and reduce waste on a day to day basis. Control and reduce downtime on a day to day basis. Monitor and maintain the highest standard of housekeeping in all area of the Factory and yards.
• Number of Health and Safety incidents
• External Health and Safety audit score
• Number and value of Internal and external customer complaints
• Machine output levels vs target levels
• Management and implementation of Asset Care programme
• Control of spending, and awareness of overspend
• Staff skill level development
• Internal waste improvement
• General management of staff
Skills & Experience
We are keen to speak with people who ideally have experience within the Packaging industry and are already be working in a similar position; or those who are ready for the next step in their career. You must have previous experience of managing a team and can demonstrate the ability to motivate others.
You will receive a high basic salary of circa £35k-£40k dependent on experience.
Cloud 9 is acting as a recruitment agency