£25000 - £30000
Our client is a leader in the paper based packaging industry, and due to continuous growth and development are looking to appoint a Packaging Designer to join their team.
Reporting to the Technical & Design Manager the successful candidate will be:
- Producing samples for approval prior to orders being placed.
- Support sales, customer service and production in processing new items to ensure all finished products meet and/or exceed the customers expectations.
- Liaising with customers and colleagues with regards to their requirements, and keeping them informed of progress.
- Ensure all paper work is kept up to date to make sure company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Take direct ownership for developing design solutions to meet customer needs.
- Identify possible changes that will add to greater throughput and present value to the business and customer alike.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with CAD software in the paper based packaging industry.
- The ability to follow a design brief and adapt as necessary.
- Able to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Self motiviated with an eye for problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A basic understanding of cutting tools.
- An understanding of flexographic printing would be advantageous but not essential.
- Basic salary 25k-30k depending on experience
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency
Please apply with a copy of your CV to email@example.com or call 01282 698183 for further information.