£50000 - £55000
Cloud 9 have received an exciting opportunity from a highly successful global packaging company who are looking to appoint a Purchasing Manager. The role has been created due to growth and promotion within the existing team.
Reporting to the Group Purchasing lead you will be responsible for sourcing goods, vendors management & managing all procurement activities both operationally and strategically. This role is a senior management position, and you will be working closely with other members of the key management team. An area of focus will be ensuring the team (with 5 direct reports) is continually improving in both efficiency and value to ultimately benefit all customers, internally and externally as well as maximising profitability of the business. Another area of importance will be establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing key suppliers that are crucial to the company’s needs together with agreeing terms where appropriate including discount structures, volume rebates and the like.
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies in line with company objectives
- Track, measure and analyse company expenditures, profitability, and commercial activity
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring and development of all staff within your team
- Provide reports & analysis for Senior Management
- Be aware of and ensure the business adhere to laws, rules, and regulations
- Track and report on KPI’s and key functional metrics to reduce costs to improve buying efficiency and effectiveness
- Produce and devise negotiation strategies to ensure deals are closed with best terms
- Continually seek to improve Purchasing methods and drive operational efficiencies, highlight failings and work with other key stakeholders within the business to always retain requisite performance
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to overcome any product issue in the shortest possible time period and find alternative products and suppliers if required
- Carry out and review the purchasing function and systems, identify, and implement improvements.
- Utilising, understanding & developing the ERP system, setting SOP’s and Managing Process, ensuring accuracy and communication is at the highest level
- Making commercial decisions based on WLC and TCO methodology.
Experience, Skills, and Qualities
- Educated to a minimum of HND or non-UK equivalent
- Proven ability to coach and develop others
- A minimum of five years management experience, two or more of which at a senior level
- Packaging experience desired but not essential
- Experience of effectively communicating to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Customer focussed possessive of a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proven Leadership qualities & passionate about leading people
- A positive approach to problem solving
- Detailed and tenacious regarding accuracy and process
You will receive a competitive salary and company car, please apply for full details of the remuneration package on offer!
Our client is a successful and rapidly growing business. To be part of the continued success journey apply now.
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency