£0 - £0
Our client is a leading manufacturer of Flexible Packaging solutions and they are looking to appoint an experienced Quality Manager.
- To provide technical quality assistance and support to both customers and their In-house team to proactively eliminate rejects and investigate concerns contributing to robust corrective action fixes.
- Management of 3 Quality staff.
- Management of a team of Auditors across multiple sites.
- Full responsibility for Product Implementation, drawing and specification control procedures.
- Full responsibility for Quality and Environmental Management Systems and certification across UK Manufacturing sites.
- To assist in increasing the quality awareness on site and to drive a positive quality cultural change.
- Facilitate the quality aspects of their product approval process during launch.
- Perform pro-active product, process and thematic audits to identify and eliminate risks.
- Analysis of failure to provide effective and timely corrective action and preventative action, responding to customer complaints, using tools such as 8D & 5 Why.
- Interface with the Engineering and Operations Dept to ensure the transfer of new products into Production and in accordance with customer defined processes.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality systems and procedures on site.
- Evaluate production samples for conformance to specifications.
- Proactively visit customers and build strong working relationships with the appropriate key contacts.
- Assist with the ongoing development of internal systems and procedures to improve product quality and reduce costs within the business.
- Assist with overseeing the Quality function on site offering guidance and awareness on quality tools to the QA team.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data; making recommendations for improvement.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with customers, suppliers and internal members.
- Assist with quality related training and build quality awareness.
- Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the Quality management System.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation such as controlled documents, work instructions, quality forms and quality procedures.
- Work with external consultants to ensure Health & Safety Requirements are met across the organisation.
- Chair the Health & Safety meeting and develop meeting records and action lists.
- Maintain and develop systems and controls required when manufacturing in controlled environments ie Cleanroom etc.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (Food, Medical, Packaging or Automotive) with 5+ years’ Quality Engineering.
- Good knowledge of customer approval processes
- Customer orientated, and service minded
- Project launch experience
- Ability to communicate both written and orally, to all levels of management, customers and across difference cultural backgrounds
- Ability to use Quality Tools such as benchmarking, gap analysis, Pareto analysis, Fish-bone diagrams and process mapping for fact-based decision making.
- Work independently and proactively.
- ISO9000, ISO 14000, HACCP – Essential
- ISO 13485, BRC IoP Packaging Standard & H&S Systems and undertaking Risk Assessments – Desirable
Cloud 9 is acting a Recruitment Agency.