Regional Sales Manager
£50000 - £60000
Our client is a well-established Packaging machinery organisation who are well known within the food, confectionery and pharma sectors. Due to ongoing investment and growth they are now looking to appoint an additional Regional Sales Manager for the South East, UK.
Reporting to the Sales Director your remit will be to develop sales of Packaging Machinery equipment with existing and new clients on the Non-Produce sectors. You will be required to promote and sell our clients product range of primary packaging machinery equipment in the defined area as above, within the Protein, Bakery, Confectionery, dairy, Pet food and Medical sectors.
- Manage sales and gross margin of primary packaging machinery equipment within the South East.
- Engage with all departments in order to define the most suitable offer for your customer base.
- Manage and increase sales pipeline.
- Visit customer sites, general technical presentations.
- Preparation of presentations, quotes and technical literature to support proposals
- Maintain CRM Database, opportunities, customer details, visits and reports
- Maintain an Outlook day to day activities calendar system
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Sales Director or other members of the Senior Management team.
- Manage territory, define an ongoing sales strategy.
- Attend exhibitions within the UK and overseas when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of annual sales budgets.
- Handle customer complaints promptly
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and awareness of competitor activities.
- Provide concise commercial reporting on a monthly basis.
- Achieve a high-level awareness of packaging materials, specifically topical issues of sustainability and recyclability but developing relationships with consumables manufacturers and specialists.
- Undertake a proactive approach for furthering own technical knowledge and skills development through liaising with internal product specialists as required.
Skills & Experience
- You must have experience and working knowledge of the food manufacturing and packaging sector
- Experience of selling high value capital machinery within either or all of the following: Protein manufacturing/Processing, protein packaging, Bakery, dairy and fresh produce.
- Candidates of selling high value capital equipment into the following may be considered: Packaging and industrial consumer products, pharma packaging, medical packaging.
- Strong business development and closing skills
- Ability to communicate and engage with people at all levels
- Assertive, motivated, career driven
- Strong communication, negotiating and presentations skills
You will receive a basic salary in line with your experience Circa £50k-£60kpa, bonus and company car etc
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency
**This is a basic overview of our clients Job Brief please contact the Cloud 9 team for a copy of the full comprehensive Job Description**