£0 - £0
Cloud 9 are working exclusively with a leading Packaging Group who are looking to appoint an ambitious Sales Manager for their Southern team, UK based. This is a rare opportunity to join a well-established organisation with a view to also developing your Leadership career possibly to Director level.
We are keen to speak with successful Packaging experienced candidates (Sales background only) based either in the South or Midlands. You have experience of managing an external Sales team or are ready for that next step in your career; and are confident you have the right attributes set out in this Job Brief to become an asset to our client’s team. Interested?... read on!
- To achieve annual budgets for sales volume, value and margin.
- Achieve new business targets both as part of your team and individual key projects.
- To develop and grow the customer portfolio in line with site and group strategy.
- To build relationships with key customers exploiting these to their full potential.
- To manage and develop the external sales team to ensure they achieve their individual and team objectives.
- To be an invaluable member of our client’s management team.
- Maintain a dynamic and successful sales pipeline for review on a monthly basis.
- Leadership, management, development and motivation of your team.
- Management of all performance and conduct issues within your team.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement, training and development throughout the Sales team.
- Key focus on identifying, recognising and fulfilling customer needs and requirements.
- Be proactive - Seek out and implement improvements to working methods, systems and procedures.
- To establish close working relationships with our customers to achieve co-operation, integrity and trust.
- Ensure that customer problems & issues are resolved satisfactorily.
- Act as the main contact between the company and the customer.
- Develop long term relationships with all customer contacts and decision-making partners.
- To comply with, support and achieve the policies and objectives of credit and debt recovery
- Control relevant cost centres ensuring savings year on year. Introduce Measurement, Target Setting and Monitoring systems to achieve this.
- Submit a monthly report in the agreed format within 4 days following the Friday of the month end.
- To submit monthly expense claims in the correct format to the Group Sales Director, fully supported by receipts.
- To entertain customers where appropriate (may include evenings and weekends).
Skills & Experience Required
- External sales experience within the Packaging industry is essential.
- Management of an external Packaging Sales team, desirable.
- Strong high-level new business development skills, essential.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Experience of managing key business development and key account management projects and tenders.
- Natural Leadership skills with a strong desire to develop yourself further.
- I.T Literate.
- Word, Excel, etc.
- Driving license.
You are ambitious, enthusiastic, assertive, decisive and able to inspire your team with a passionate and ‘can do’ attitude.
As an organised, seasoned sales professional, you will support your team in a calm and empathic manner, utilising your solid Leaderships skills to ensure success within your own career, team and our client’s business.
You will receive a high basic salary in line with your experience and expectations for this calibre of position. Company Car, Bonus, Contributory Pension, Private Medical.
Interview Process and Timescales
Deadline for applications 17th April 2021
3 stage interviews, telephone, skype and face to face with Agency
Client interviews to commence 28th & 29th April 2021