£35000 - £40000
Due to on going investment and growth our client who are a successful organisation with sites throughout the UK & Europe are looking to appoint an experienced SHEQ Advisor for their site based in the Home Counties.
You will be a key player in bringing our client’s modern site and facilities to the next level when it comes to H & S, Environmental and Quality. As part of a knowledgeable team and working closely with other departments you will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the SHEQ System.
- Working with peers developing and implementing a successful SHEQ management system. Maintaining and developing our clients Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing proactive across our clients UK Site’s.
- Continuously improve and drive change.
- Ensure high quality of goods, parts and materials through inspection and testing according to work instructions and set requirements. Liaising with external suppliers to resolve any quality concerns.
- Coordinate H & S ensuring RA&E remains up to date. Perform risk assessments on equipment and tasks. Carry out evacuation exercises and supervise the emergency response team. Ensure safety training needs for all UK Staff are met.
- Manage and maintain the audit systems, planning and executing internal and external audits.
- Participate and execute the SHEQ incident analysis providing a clear definition of the issue, checking the problem definition and translating this into appropriate actions needed.
- Promote Quality & Safety awareness within our client’s organisation, utilising a management style that sets the example of achieving first time right working environment.
- Coordinate and manage SHEQ issues to ensure compliance with legal and corporate SHEQ standards, providing input for continuous improvements.
- Provide management insights and recommendations based on KPI’s, SHEQ analytics and external data.
- Identify, apply and share best practices.
- Participate and support other departments on company projects, independently leading self-initiated projects in the SHEQ area of our client’s business.
- Be prepared to travel between our client’s sites in the Home Counties region.
Skills & Experience
- You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- National Diploma in Occupational H & S/ Environmental/Risk/Quality Management or equivalent qualifications.
- Strong communicator with excellent leadership skills.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 4500 quality and safety systems.
- Familiar with Quality tools
- Believe in driving performance against KPI’s
- Competent IT skills
- It would be considered a great advantage if you have previous experience with SAP
- You are enthusiastic, driven and energetic with the ability to challenge and improve existing processes
Our client takes pride at delivering exceptional results in a competitive field and have a passion for supporting customers. A leader in their field with strong ambitious growth plans, you will have the opportunity to develop your career further. Our client is keen to offer further training to ensure you are successful in your role.
You will receive a basic salary if circa £35k-£40k+ depending on experience.