£38000 - £40000
Reporting to the Conversion Manager, the Shift Manager will be responsible for the management, leadership, training, quality, adherence to the health and safety and hygiene statement and the welfare of the employees on their shift.
This role will require the job holder to have experience in managing a multi skilled workforce in a unionised environment, responsible for driving site performance whilst improving quality standards. Excellent communication skills are essential with natural leadership skills to implement changes and develop culture and to relish the challenges of a busy environment.
Other key elements of the role involve:
- To drive a culture of health and safety and quality adherence within the site by acting as a role model.
- To work closely with the sales and planning teams to ensure a customer focus is paramount to the running of the Shift.
- Managing the people resources within area of responsibility including sickness absence, recruitment, appraisal, training and development, performance management and any other employee relations issues.
- Ensuring excellent communication with all key areas whilst running on shift and that adequate shift handovers take place
- To monitor the performance of the Shift and undertake proactive problem solving
- To work closely with the site Operations team to ensure standardisation and transfer of best practices.
- Being able to accept and embrace change and lead continuous improvement projects.
- Good knowledge of IT including COBIS, OMP, excel.
- Cover absence of other shift managers
- Work on projects
Applicants must possess a sound knowledge of key business processes, an ability to monitor and manage performance and a good leadership / people management style. The ideal candidate will:
- Have management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Be solution driven with the ability to frequently come up with new and innovative ideas
- Be self-motivated and proactive.
- Be able to communicate at all levels within a business.