UK Innovation Director
£0 - £0
Cloud 9 are working exclusively on a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading manufacturer of innovative Packaging solutions as their UK Innovation Director.
Main Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for making sure that insights and market trends are reflected in shaping how our client identifies, develops, commercialises and evaluates customer driven product innovation. Inspiring the sales & design teams to implement technical solutions that add value for our customers now & in the future and drive stronger business growth. Bringing curiosity & innovation, with a passion for customer insights, you will spark an innovation agenda that delivers a lasting connection with our customers. You will collaborate with teams across Europe, bring together different sectors of the business, building partnerships to showcase all our client can offer as solution focused business.
- Lead innovation implementation, putting the customer at the heart of our client’s approach and dramatically increasing innovation contribution.
- Lead the ongoing customer research and analysis approach to constantly uncover penetrating insights to refresh and predictively sharpen our client’s consumer-based product innovation.
- Harness insights and trends that can be leveraged to unlock growth and implement our clients group strategy in the UK e.g. how they win with customers in these spaces.
- Introduce outside perspective on content and promote a new and agile approach to the cross functional team and stakeholders. Collaborating with other Innovation Directors across Europe and the VP of Innovation & Development.
- Development and delivery of effective design strategies & holistic design solutions in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Design flow and collaboration principles to drive optimal collaborative work in introducing new solutions in market, as well as shape and build the optimal work plan with the cross-functional team.
- Elevate design thinking, uncovering transformation opportunities to help customers get the most out of their design investments.
- Champion the latest methodologies, disruptive thinking and insights that can accelerate our client’s customer relationships and in turn their product innovation agenda.
- Proactively engage with BDM’s and Account Managers to lead new business development opportunities and support account retention.
- Manage the Design Centre teams to ensure strategic design development is customer centric and value adding.
- Shares best practice and design insights between the UK Design Centre team and our client’s sites.
- Consults with design & sales teams on operational design processes.
- Identifies and measures key metrics for projects in collaboration with stakeholders.
- To develop & support the EC team members growth.
- Consult on various EC projects and visits.
- To provide both a UK & Group perspective to projects to maximise opportunity.
- Project management of key opportunities, with clearly defined milestones.
- Champion our client’s Group initiatives and ensure the team have broad knowledge of the tools, products & services to showcase their value.
- Host customer workshops and shape briefs from concept to implementation.
- Network with other EC centres within Group to maximise knowledge and share research.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Innovative thinker
- Project Management Skills
- Experience in Design process
- Adaptability and be able to complete a wide range of different tasks
- Numerate, accurate
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solver
- Confident and able communicator
High & attractive Basic salary expected with this level of position, annual Bonus, Company Car, Private Healthcare. Please apply for the full remuneration package details and a copy of the comprehensive Job Description.
Cloud 9 is acting as the Retained Recruitment Agency for this role.
All applications must be made to Cloud 9 Recruitment with a copy of your CV and covering letter to be considered for this position.