UK Sales Manager
£0 - £0
Our client is a well-established and successful Packaging business; due to continued growth and investment they are now looking to appoint a UK Sales Manager.
Responsible for the leadership and sales performance of a small external sales team. Supporting the Senior Management Team in the development of the sales strategy, and responsible for its successful implementation through the coaching and development of the team.
- Support and input into the allocation of accounts between the field sales team. Ensure collaborative working between all internal departments
- Support the successful implementation of the sales strategy for the business.
- Undertake field visits with Business Development Executives for strategic customers and prospects to establish effective customer relationships.
- Identify, target and secure new business opportunities at profit levels suitable for the business.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all business functions to improve knowledge, implement new processes and sharing best practice. Working with other internal departments and stakeholders.
- Establish quarterly priorities in line with the sales strategy and utilising the KPIs, to generate sustained improvement in performance.
- Using SAP ensure that customer information is maintained by the Account Manager Team.
- Actively manage the team to ensure information is translated into clear plans.
- Manage and control the optimisation of pricing models
- On-going review of customer portfolio segmentation, potential, current spend of customer and classification to enable the Business Development Executives to grow profitable sales.
- Specify objectives for the Business Development Executives, track, optimise and manage performance to increase productivity and sales potential.
- Manage and control a limited portfolio of large customers with centralised purchasing and implement action plans for these customers to increase profitability.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of successfully managing a sales team
- Demonstrate proven success in developing an external sales team
- Sales and Customer Service principles.
- Financial Performance
- Market, customers, competitors, suppliers and market trends.
- Managing large strategic customer portfolio margin
- Implementing sales strategies.
- Packaging industry background.
- Coaching Model and Principles
- PC literate and extensive knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project, Visio and Power Point. Experience of SAP would be an advantage.
Please apply with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloud 9 is acting as a Recruitment Agency